I had some pumpkin puree leftover this week so I thought I would make a cookie to use it up. This is an easy mix, chill and bake cookie that is perfect for fall.
It is time to welcome the start of fall, and what better way than pumpkin sugar cookies. I love the smell of all the spices that this season brings.
Adapted from Wine and Glue
Pumpkin Sugar CookiesBarbara Hall
After baking and they are cooling on the rack try not to eat too many before the rest of your family gets to have any, if you can...
- 1 ½ cups Sugar 297 g
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour 300 g
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder 2g
- ½ teaspoon Salt 2g
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 14 tablespoon Unsalted butter 1 ¾ stick at room temputure
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- ½ cup Pure pumpkin puree
- In large bowl measure and add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and whisk together.
- Using your mixer on medium speed mix sugar and butter till light in color and sugar is incorporated.
- Mix in the egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Turn your mixer to low speed and slowly add in the flour mixture until combined. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Put your cookie dough into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to get the butter back to a cooler temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheet pans with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- I use a medium cookie scoop and drop onto the parchment paper. I get 12 to a pan. Take a pinch of suger and add a small amount onto the top of each cookie mound. I bake 1 pan at a time.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Leave on pan for a minute or 2 before moving to the cooling rack. Let them cool completely.
I am not a certified Dietitian or Nutritionist. The nutrition amounts given below are provided through a program and are only a guideline.
Calories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 59mgPotassium: 28mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 1009IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply