- 2 1/2 cups (300g) All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (5g) Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) Baking Power
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup mashed (about 2) Ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup (106g) Light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (99g) White sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
I love banana nut bread so when I saw this recipe I just had to try it, they are great. If you want it more like banana nut bread leave out the mini chocolate chip but I kept them in and glad I did.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
In a small saucepan heat butter till foamy and turns brown it should have a nutty smell. Take the butter off the heat and add the light brown and white sugar and mix. Set it aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
In a stand or handheld mixer, add the butter and sugar mix and blend. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix on low speed. Then add the sour cream and the mashed bananas and blend. Weigh or measure the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and slowly add to the wet mixture. I then take the mixer bowl off the stand and fold in the mini chocolate chips and walnuts. The dough will be a little wet, so place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.