This cookie reminds me of a crinkle cookie. It has a soft inside and a little crusty on the outside from the confectioner's sugar. Cinnamon and nutmeg spices baking in the oven give me a warm feeling all over, even if it is cold outside.
These are going into work tomorrow for the gang, funny my cookies don't seem to last long, and I am sure this will be the case with these soft pumpkin cookies. I was shocked by how light and airy the inside of these cookies are, and of course, they are so good!!!!
Adapted from Lovely Little Kitchen
Soft Pumpkin CookiesBarbara Hall
- 2 ½ cup All-purpose flour 325g
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda 6g
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 4g
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cups Granulated sugar 300g
- ½ cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Pure pumpkin puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Confectioner sugar Enough to roll cookie balls in
- In a large bowl weight and measure out the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. I just use a wire whisk to blend then set aside.
- In a stand or hand-held mixer beat sugar and softened butter till blended. On medium speed add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract until it is well blended.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients that you had set aside. Slowly or you will get a flour bath. Place the cookie dough into the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. If you have room in your freezer the last hour that is where I put mine. The dough is sticky and when you go to roll it into a ball if it is not cold enough it makes it harder to form a ball. I spent time putting the dough back in the freezer between batches, I only did 1 pan at a time.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line your cookie sheet pans with parchment paper. Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator or the freezer and scoop out enough to make an inch wide ball. I use a cookie scoop but you can use a spoon also. Roll the balls in the confectioner sugar till coated. I just go back and forth between hands to get the excess off. Line your cookie sheet pan with 12 balls.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, remove to cooling rack after you take them out of the oven. I got 28 cookies from my batch.