I really like the shape of these lemon spritz cookies and I am sure that the people at work will love them also. Baking for other people is always fun to do and fun to watch as they eat them!!!
Adapted from Kitchn
Lemon Spritz Cookies
- 2 ½ cups All purpose flour 320 g
- ¾ tsp Fine salt 4 g
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (room temperature) 2 sticks
- 1 cup Confectioner sugar 128 g
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F while you prepare the cookie dough. Weigh out the flour and salt in a large bowl, I then whisk to blend them together and set it aside.
- On low speed of your stand mixer blend the butter and sugar together then turn the mixer to medium speed for about 3 minutes till light and fluffy. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice and beat till well-combined about 1 minute. Turn the mixer off and scrape down the sides.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet batter in the mixer bowl and turn on low speed and blend to incorporate but don't over mix the dough.
- Fill your cookie press with the dough according to the instruction of your press. On an ungreased cookie pan press out your cookie mixture. You can put these close together the cookies do not spread. I got 5 across and six rows on my cookie sheet. I would use one shape for each pan some shapes bake at different times.
- Bake 9-11 minutes they will be pale and just a tiny bit golden. Leave them on the cookie pan for 5 minutes then move them to a cooling rack to finish the cooling process. My shape was called abstract but I liked them for this cookie and time of the year.