I really like to bake my cookies with either mascarpone or in this case cream cheese. These cheeses give you cookies a nice moist and soft cookie. Just the way I like them.
Make sure your oven has reached 350° if you are unsure that your oven is heating correctly for your cream cheese cookies invest is a cheap oven thermometer to see how your oven is heating. I found that when the preheat buzzard goes off my oven is only at 200° so it takes much longer to heat to the correct temperature then you think. I do not have a convection oven and of course, every oven is different.
Adopted from Cakescottage
Cream Cheese CookiesBarbara Hall
- ½ cup Butter unsalted room temperature
- 3 oz Cream cheese regular room temperature
- 1 ½ cup Confectioner's sugar 169g
- 1 Egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Baking Power 2g
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour 210g
- Superfine suger To roll dough balls through
DUSTING ON TOP
- Sifted right on top Confection's sugar
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together till nice and creamy. Add the sugar slowly unless you like sugar all over your counter (which I have done once or twice). The confection sugar is light and flies easily so be careful and beat till fluffy. Blend in the egg and add the vanilla extract beat till completely mixed. Complete the dough by slowly adding the flour and baking powder.
- Chill the dough for 1 to 2 hours, I also stick the pans in the refrigerator at the same time. Depending on how long your oven takes to come up to the 350° temperature will determine when to start your oven.
- Line your pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Take out of the refrigerator the cookie dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls around the superfine sugar and place about 1 ½ inches apart. I just take 2 fingers and lightly press on the top of each ball just to flatten a little.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes and they will look white with just a hint of golden brown along the edges. They may look underdone but when you leave them on the cookie pan for about a minute this helps to firm them up a little. At this point move them to a cooling rack to finish.
- When completely cooled I take a sifter and add a little of the confectioner sugar then I just light dust each cookie. Makes about 2 dozen. Store in air-tight container for 3-5 days.
I am not a certified Dietitian or Nutritionist. The nutrition amounts given below are provided through a program and are only a guideline.