I found these cookies a little tricky but this may have been because I added more peanut butter chips than the recipe called for so next time I will use fewer chocolate chips and more peanut butter chips. But either way, they are great flavored chocolate cookies.
Adapted from A Treats Affair
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip CookiesBarbara Hall
- 1 ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup White sugar 200g
- 1 cup Light brown sugar 200g
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ All-purpose flour 160g
- ¾ cup Cocoa power 75g
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 6g
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugars together at a low speed until fluffy and light in color.
- Add each egg 1 at a time till mixed then add the vanilla extract.
- I weight the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in one bowl. Don't forget to tare between the ingredient. I then use a whisk to mix them together. This is important, Add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract mixture. Cocoa powder is very light and it will go everywhere if added too fast.
- Fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chips. I wanted a more peanut butter taste so I swapped out some of the chocolate chips for more peanut butter chip.
- Put the bowl with the cookie dough into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350° Line your cookie sheet pan with parchment paper and take a cookie scoop and drop them onto the sheet pan. I only bake 1 sheet at a time and keep the cookie dough in the refrigerator between bakes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let them cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before taking them off the cooling rack.