Chocolate chip cookies are the most baked cookie by professional and amateur bakers alike. So it is no wonder that there are as many ways to make this wonderful cookie. Adding the glazed pecans is a whole new level for the fantastic cookie.
Looking for unique chocolates or nuts to add to my recipe, I mixed milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips along with glazed pecans for a chewy, buttery, chocolaty, and nutty hold in your hand cookie.
I added a little more butter so that they are chewy and not crunchy. I am not as fond of the store-bought type of chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients You Will NeedJump to Recipe for Amounts
- All Purpose Flour
- White Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Glazed Pecans
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
I cannot tell you how easy it is to get the right amount of your ingredients using a scale. The first appliance I purchased when I started My Cookie Journey was a Kitchen Aid mixer. The second was a MyWeigh scale.
I get many questions about what light and fluffy looks like when creaming butter and sugars. Well, this is white and light brown sugar with butter, a soft light brown color. It just looks so creamy.
Combine the rest of the ingredients as directed below.
Add chips and nuts and mix for about 15 seconds. I try not to break them up with the mixer. Instead, after taking the bowl off the stand, I stir them with a spatula to ensure the chips and nuts are spread evenly throughout the cookie dough.
I use a medium cookie scoop to keep them about the same size. Leave as much room as you can between scoops; these spread quite a bit.
Enjoy these chewy and wonderful chocolate chip and pecan cookies.
FAQ's about the Chocolate Chips
Who made the original Chocolate Chip Cookie?
The original cookie was created and baked by a woman named Ruth Wakefield back in the 1930s. Here is a link to that recipe courtesy of The New England Today Food.
What is the history of the Chocolate Chip?
I found a website that gives a brief history of the development of the chocolate chip. It is a short read: The History of Chocolate Chips!
What brand is the best Chocolate Chip for cookies?
How are you choosing which brand will give you the best cookie with so many brands out there? I found a site that offers a breakdown on the chocolate chip brand war :-): The Best Chocolate Chips for Baking Cookies and More
A Few Other Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chips with Glazed Pecans CookiesBarbara Hall
- 1 cup Butter unsalted room temperature
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar 213g
- ½ cup Sugar white 99g
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-½ cups All-purpose flour 300g
- 2 teaspoon Corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet chocolate chip
- ½ cup Milk chocolate chip
- ½ cup Glazed Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Weigh or measure into a bowl the light brown and white sugars and set aside. In another bowl weigh or measure the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and run a whisk through to blend.
- Add the butter and the sugars into a mixer bowl and cream them till light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time along with the vanilla extract. Blend for 2 minutes then scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture and mix till incorporated. Add the semi-sweet and the milk chocolate chips along with the glazed pecans.
- Take a medium cookie scoop and add twelve scoops to a sheet pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Move the cookies to a cooling rack after cookies have baked.
I am not a certified Dietitian or Nutritionist. The nutrition amounts given below are provided through a program and are only a guideline.